There is a certain upcoming event in London later this month. It is an event many years in the making. It is an event which has seen 70,000 people give up their time to volunteer. And it is an event which has caused many logistical headaches. I am not about to talk about the Olympics, although it creates many interesting areas of PR and marketing conversation and debate. I wanted to remind you of those sports we forgot, the ones which do not feature in the Games. Have a look at this blog to read up on some of the most unique sports found being played in the UK. Reverting to an old favourite, although unfortunately a sport I have recently neglected, I was interested to read this week that UK Ultimate, the governing body for Ultimate Frisbee have partnered with Wham-O Europe to support the Frisbee@schools project. This strikes me as an excellent partnership which hopefully will encourage some very positive outcomes. I personally look forward to seeing its development.
I cannot promise this blog will remain Olympic-free, over the past few months I have been fascinated with all the PR and marketing related topics that have arisen as a result of the Games in London. From a non-PR perspective I also have a great personal interest, the tickets for a Hockey event sit in pride of place on my desk. I am really looking forward to enjoying some of the exciting Olympic vibe in one of my favourite cities.
- Wham-O Europe links with UK Ultimate Frisbee (toynews-online.biz)
- Pro ultimate frisbee team coming to Toronto (thestar.com)
- Grab the Official London 2012 Results App for Android (news.softpedia.com)
- The is Ultimately the Best Ultimate Frisbee Catch You Will Watch Today (Video) (backyardsportsblog.com)
- Why Ultimate Frisbee is a Sport (alansrants.wordpress.com)
- Impressive BBC title sequence for Olympic games (lostateminor.com)
- London 2012: even Beijing didn’t put an army on the gates (guardian.co.uk)