I have an admission to make, I love CVs. This may be considered strange, but I really like them. I like writing my own, helping others write them, and during my period in recruitment I enjoyed reading others. The CV is a snippet of your life, one way you choose to represent yourself to potential employers.
Recently I have been looking at the future of the CV, the trend shows recruiters are looking to alternatives to the CV. One of the most popular alternatives being LinkedIn. My friend Liz introduced me to vizualize.me which takes your LinkedIn profile and turns it into an infographic.
Click on the image below to see my full infographic.
It is an interesting way to look at your LinkedIn profile, and it allows people to easily interpret the information.
There are things I do not love about it, for example it does not show voluntary work as part of the Experience, when we all know voluntary work can be very important for adding employability particularly amongst young jobseekers.
Overall this is a fun and interesting way to look at your LinkedIn profile, useful for helping develop your profile or share your information effectively.
- What is the future of the CV? (rachelbarkley.co.uk)
- Why Your LinkedIn Profile is not an Online Resume (integratedalliances.com)
- How to land that dream job in PR (behindthespin.com)
- 6 Things on Your LinkedIn Profile That Shouldn’t Be on Your Resume (mashable.com)
- Bad CVs and poor interview skills are letting Irish job seekers down (teddyoshea.wordpress.com)
- Not on LinkedIn? Here’s How to Start. [Infographic] (webpronews.com)